Saturday, September 8, 2007

WHEN IT'S TIME:Mise en scène



















Stories happen every second. Almost everything is a story and all there is to it is a simple hello, I'm here, I remember you, I forgot you, I feel like I know you from somewhere, I love you, I hate you, I feel you, I can't stand you, kiss me goodbye and let's see where this goes. Of course I'm breaking it down into the prolific girl meets boy world view. And that is what Paris I Love You is telling us.
This film is a collection of shorts ranging in stylistic approach and surrealistic execution. Nothing short of different. I was a bit disappointed twenty minutes into it though later kicked myself because I realized the idea of the film. At first I couldn't help but feel a typical detail oriented French film going nowhere coming on. I have a general idea built around the générateurs cinématographiques d'amour. They captivate, enthrall, possess you and yet still manage to take you nowhere at all. Existential hyperbole aside of course. This film was different. A true cinematic collage where each short carries such mise en scène in itself according to the whole picture. Dripple down love effect I would like to call it.

No comments: